15AC-463 was manufactured in 1949. According to the last logbook, the only one available to us, this Sedan was operated in Ontario, Canada, at the latest from 1965 and until 1989. Frequent changes from wheels to floats or skis and vice versa were recorded. The plane was powered by a 165 hp Franklin engine. Today's location of its wings and tail feathers is unknown. But the fuselage structure found its way back to the USA and eventually was part of the restoration project of 15AC-371, N1331H, purchased by us in North Dakota and shipped to Switzerland, in 2003. Since CF-DDG's fuselage was heavily corroded, it could serve us only as a template to construct a jig in which N1331H was then rebuilt.
(This page last updated: 02/2011)
Click on the thumbnails to view the pictures in full size.
Photos © Leo J. Kohn